Have you ever seen any products with pixelated words that make it impossible to read the message? It is frustrating to pay for a product only to receive it with a poor imprint of your logo. And that is a prime example of why vector artwork is the best bet for print. Vector art can be resized without losing any quality. This makes it perfect for promotional products because vectorized art can be printed on anything and everything without having to worry about the image becoming blurry. Here are a few things that you need to know about vector art, whether you are a graphic artist or a company that is looking for the perfect item to advertise with.
Vector art is a type of graphic that can be scaled up and down without loss of quality. It is the best way to create logos, illustrations, and other images that are to be used for printing purposes. Vector art is created by using mathematical formulas and geometric shapes such as lines and curves to create art that is clean. Creating your logo in vector format is a guaranteed way to ensure that it prints as you intend it to. Additionally, having vector artwork readily available is budget-friendly and time efficient. Not to mention, it makes the graphic designer working on your project very happy.
Vector artwork is composed of points, lines, curves, and shapes that are based on mathematical formulas. This allows the artwork to be scaled or manipulated without distorting the logo or losing image quality. Vector graphics are created with the use of specialized software. The most common software used to create vector art is Adobe Illustrator. Other programs that are capable of producing vector graphics are Corel Draw and Affinity Designer. Vector artwork file types can include AI, EPS, PDF, and/or SVG. One important note is that just because the file type has been changed to one of the mentioned types, it does not automatically mean that your art is suddenly vector. It is always best to check with your designer if you are uncertain. They are more than willing to help out with any art questions.
Conversely, raster graphics are created with pixels, or tiny dots of color, to make up an image. Raster graphics can be either bitmap or digital photography. Raster file types can include JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, and GIF. While the printer can work with these sorts of files, having vector art is always preferable. Tools such as Photoshop are great when dealing with images that need to be manipulated, but not so great when it comes to creating logos and branding.
One of the most important aspects of your business is the graphics that are used to represent it. First impressions are everything. You need graphics that are not only beautiful but that also function in a wide variety of scenarios.
Here are some useful tips on printing promotional products with vector art:
1. Promotional products are often printed using artwork that has been converted into a vector format.
2. If you are sending your artwork in a vector format, be sure to convert any text to outlines to avoid your font being replaced with a different font when received. This will keep your text exactly the way you submitted it.
3. You’ll also want to be sure any images that are not converted to vectors are embedded into the file so that they still appear in the file when we open it up.
4. Each product has a specific imprint area, and tweaks may be needed to make your logo work to its maximum potential for an item. For example, if you submit a non-vector file and it needs to be made larger, it can often become pixelated when resized, meaning that the edges and details of your art will become blurry and not very clear. Converting your artwork to vector will give us the ability to manipulate your logo without losing quality.
5. Logo not in vector format? One way to have your logo vectorized is to hire a graphic designer to recreate your logo and convert it to a vector format. Another option is your promo products company—they will likely be able to convert it for you! Many times, this service is free of charge.
Vector programs are one of the staples in any design team’s arsenal. Having the ability to create artwork that can be used in an array of different environments is critical to forming a solid visual voice for any sort of business. Scalable graphics not only make it easier for designers to work with your artwork, but allow for the art to remain exactly how you intend for it to be seen. Vector art can be used for all sorts of promotional products, from something as small as a customizable ink pen to something as large as a tee shirt. Investing in promotional products is a great way to build brand awareness while also having a fun experience yourself. Investing in solid artwork is a surefire way to ensure that the experience is fun for everyone. Vector art really is the way.